Resource planning made easy: quickly see who in your team is off and when, with integration to Absence, Work Schedules and Learning Management. See your absence requests from your team and approve directly from the calendar.
An overview of what makes our Absence Calendar the best
product of its type
available today for Oracle e-Business Suite.
View at a glance who in your team is available on any given dayIt’s a task that all managers have to perform: ensure that they have enough cover in the team when approving leave or training requests, particularly around the holiday season such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. Our Absence Calendar replaces all offline wall planners, local spreadsheets and post-it notes by providing an online visual guide of availability sourced directly from absence, training and work schedule data held in Oracle.
Planning your own time awayThis calendar isn’t just for managers — it’s also for employees to see the availability of their peers: all colleagues who report into the same manager. Team members can quickly see which peers are going to be out on the days they wish to book.
Need more information?If you see that people are not at work, you’ll want to know what they are doing. Cells are colour coded and, for more detail, pop-up text is available by simply rolling your cursor over any given day. View which training course someone is attending or what their absence details are without having to come out of the screen or run any reports.
Features to meet the most demanding requirementsOut-of-the-box support for Work Schedules, half day holidays, display of absences and training pending approval, ‘click through’ approval from the calendar, view of PTO accrual balances, cross business group reporting and a whole host of other features.
Availability: it’s not just about holidays.Our Absence Calendar is the most comprehensive solution of its type available for Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Absence and Training events highlighted in a monthly view
- Different colour coding for individual Absence Types and Training Enrolments
- Support for Half Day Absences
- Absences pending approval shown in different colour to approved absences; click to approve from within the calendar
- ‘Roll over’ support to deliver extra information about each day; course names and type of absence displayed
- Choose to hide or show weekends
- Public Holidays can be displayed if required
- Shows holiday entitlement remaining
- Hours and Days based absences supported
- Support for Common Application Component Work Schedules and UK Work Patterns
- Different views for Employees and Managers
- ‘Switch Manager’ allows you to view your other team’s calendar
- Colour coded key
Configuration OptionsThe Calendar can be easily configured without the need of any technical expertise.
- Manager can view Absence Calendar for direct reports or for any manager in their hierarchy
- Employee can view planner for all their manager’s direct reports
- Administrator view shows everyone who you have access to via your normal Oracle access; useful for workforce scheduling teams
- Other views can be created such as a training-only view or a sickness-only calendar
- Modify the colour scheme to support your needs: configure your own colours for each type of absence
- No reports to run; displays instantaneously in Oracle Self Service
- Configure your own roll over ‘tool tips’ by using Fast Formula
- Suppress sensitive absences from displaying in the planner, such as compassionate leave, via simple to change Fast Formula rules.
Seeing is believing
Why you need our Self Service Absence Calendar
- People like a visual guide. By moving availability online, you remove the need for Managers to keep track using post-it notes and spreadsheet printouts on their desks. Give them a Self Service feature that helps them and they’ll love you just a little bit more.
- Managers save time when evaluating whether to approve holiday or not by easily seeing who’s off at the time a new absence approval hits their inbox.
- Managers can efficiently plan they have enough resource in the team, reducing the risk of letting too many people take holiday or training at a critical time for the business.
- During popular vacation times, you often need to sync up with the rest of the team before booking holiday. By viewing team availability online, employees can accurately predict if their holiday will be approved, saving everyone time and hassle.
- Managers can click through and approve direct from the calendar, another time saving feature they’ll like.
- Managers and administrators can use the view to spot any absence trends; too many sicknesses on a Monday or a bottleneck around Thanksgiving? It’s easy to see with a graphical calendar; once you’ve got the data, you can act on it.
- Built exclusively for Oracle e-Business Suite: we know about absence types, workflow approvals, PTO Accruals and enrolment statuses. So do our software products. They work exactly as you’d expect them to.
Rapid deployment. No additional software purchases required.Designed to be a cost effective solution that can be rapidly deployed to existing Oracle HR e-Business Suite installations, the Self Service Absence Calendar requires no additional software purchases to run.
Written in Oracle Applications Framework; no Discoverer reports to run or additional licences to buy.
This solution is fully compatible with R18.104.22.168 + HR Family Pack K + ATG.RUP.6 and all versions of Release 12. Upgrades from 11i to 12 and all interim patchsets are supported.
A minimum of 11i.OTA.J is required to display training events
An Oracle 10g database is required.
We believe in fair pricingThe Self Service Absence Calendar is sold under perpetual licence. The number of licences you need is determined by the number of people who’s availability can be accessed from the Calendar. Please note that the number of licences required may be more than the number of expected users. The volume required is usually just the number of workers in your organization.
12 months of technical support is included in the licence price paid and then charged annually as a percentage of that figure. Technical support entitles you to enhancements, compatibility packs, bug-fixes and any other software updates.